Coach, Mentor, Role Model, Supporter, Guide… do these words ring a bell? Being a coach involves being able to draw from several disciplines. Coaching is based on a partnership that involves giving both support and challenging opportunities to employees. Mentorship is a related skill that is often a part of coaching. It’s about being a guide, offering wisdom and advice when it is needed.
Knowing how and when to coach (and when to use other tools, like mentoring) is an essential skill that can benefit both you and your organization.
What Will You Learn?
- Understand how coaching can be used to develop your team
- Develop the coaching and mentoring skills that help improve individual performance
- Demonstrate the behaviors and practices of an effective coach
- Recognize employees’ strengths and give them the feedback they need to succeed
- Identify employee problems and ways you can help to correct them
What Topics are Covered?
- Defining coaching and mentoring
- Coaching assessment review
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Critical coaching skills
- Setting goals with SPIRIT
- Learning styles and principles
- The benefits/consequences matrix
- Skills involved in coaching
- The coaching model
- Giving effective feedback
- Coaching problems and solutions
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
- All meals and refreshments during the workshop
Yes! I would like to attend Coaching & Mentoring! Sign me up for the following session:
- Johannesburg: September 23-25, 2015
- Cape Town: October 14 -16, 2015
- All workshops are from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Cost: R6500 per person, plus applicable taxes.
- Prices and dates are subject to change.