If the banking crisis that started in 2007 taught us anything, it is that financial risks need to be managed properly and comprehensively for organisations to achieve their objectives. Most risks carry financial consequences and these can be severe, which is why this programme focuses specifically on the risks that can affect the efficient and effective use of resources towards organisational objectives.
The management of risk is a fundamental part of corporate governance. It is essential that organisations identify and manage risk so that they can provide assurance, internally, to managers, employees and political leaders or the board and externally, to auditors, regulators, stakeholders and government as a whole.
This programme will cover a wide range of financial risks, including budgetary control, trading and commercial, fraud, propriety, fiscal and treasury management risks. The participants will be able to learn approaches and techniques that can be applied to manage these risks and to ensure that financial management and control are effective.
It will also cover reporting, accountability for risk management in complex organisations, and how financial risk management sits within the overall organisational risk management arrangements.
You will learn how to:
- Conduct risk management governance and develop a financial risk management framework and risk strategy within the risk appetite of the organisation
- Identify, analyse, mitigate, monitor and control financial risks and compile a risk register
- Undertake risk management processes and be aware of the consequences of not undertaking proactive risk management
- Deal with fraud and financial malpractice and learn the means of avoiding them
- Make use of examples of risk management, reporting tools and techniques
- Recognise the risks associated with cash flows and in debt portfolios and investments
- Identify and manage fiscal risk and project and programme risk
- How to live with residual risks
Benefits of attending – You will be able to:
- Review your organisation’s financial risk exposure
- Develop a sustainable financial risk management framework
- Help your organisation to become more financially robust
- Improve the governance and reporting of risk
- Understand the risk of failing to grasp new opportunities
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
- All meals and refreshments during the workshop
Yes! I would like to attend Financial Risk Management! Sign me up for the following session:
- Pretoria: October 5 – 9, 2015
- Cape Town: November 2 – 6, 2015
- All workshops are from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Cost: $1500 per person, plus applicable taxes.
- Prices and dates are subject to change.