The monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of an organisation’s policies, strategies, operational and development activities provides government officials, development managers, and civil society with better means for learning.
The majority of multilateral and bilateral international partners utilise the logical framework approach for project design and it is therefore imperative that all local staff involved in the monitoring or evaluation of projects are conversant with this management tool and its use. By the end of the programme delegates will be able to design an M&E system, set indicators, confidently discuss and produce a logical framework and also take into account the growing use of technology in the M&E environment.
This monitoring and evaluation course aims to stress the importance of the evaluation process in the analysis or interpretation of the collected data which delves deeper into the relationships between the results of the project/ programme and how this can be used for the benefit of future projects and programmes. The site visits included in the seminar will give delegates access to academics currently involved in tried and tested new M&E techniques and to a charities evaluation service actively involved in live projects and programmes.
You will learn how to:
- Make use of logical, strategic and result-orientated frameworks to control and monitor programmes and projects
- Use monitoring techniques and meaningful reporting
- Collect and manage data to inform learning and identify solutions and present the results of the evaluation analysis
- Use current market-leading Statistical Data Analysis tools
- Improve your data collection skills (interviews, questionnaires etc.) and design of data analysis tools
- Plan and track the benefits of projects
- Analyse risk and priority
- Use different methods of evaluation including environmental and impact assessments
- Implement strategic analysis and align projects with strategic objectives
Benefits of attending – You will be able to:
- Improve the operation and management of the M&E function
- Gain an insight into the use of current data management tools
- Improve the effectiveness of the M&E process to help assess programme impacts and give assurance to existing and potential donors
- Contribute to the achievement of desired development goals and ensure ‘early warning’ and other strategies for preventing failures
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
- All meals and refreshments during the workshop
Yes! I would like to attend Monitoring & Evaluation Training! Sign me up for the following session:
- Johannesburg: September 1 – 5, 2015
- Cape Town: November 2 – 6, 2015
- All workshops are from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Cost: $2000 per person, plus applicable taxes.
- Prices and dates are subject to change.