Pressure to deliver results is increasing. Organisations are expected to be more accountable for their performance than ever before. There is increasing recognition of the need to adopt coherent approaches that join up performance monitoring at micro and macro level. It is only by doing so that Value for Money (VfM) of expenditure can be maximised.
Our understanding of RBM is constantly improving, more is known about Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) at the level of organisations, and indicator identification and target setting is becoming more refined. Work is ongoing to simplify data collection and analysis, in order to ensure it is more timely and useable. The links between results ased management and the financial, technical and human resources needed to deliver results are becoming better understood.
This programme will enable managers to plan and monitor implementation of strategies and programmes more effectively. It reflects the latest international thinking on performance monitoring and target setting. It will help you to ensure that your organisation is maximising its potential and delivering results in a time-bound manner.
You will learn how to:
- Incorporate RBM in resource allocation
- Comprehend the budget cycle, medium term expenditure frameworks and RBM needs
- Use performance budgeting: zero based budgeting versus incremental budgeting
- Recognise the impact of cash budgeting on RBM
- Enhance performance measurement through the use of reliable indicators
- Capture cross-cutting issues through RBM
- Understand RBM mainstreaming of cross-cutting issues
- Cross-cutting issues – gender, environment, climate change and their RBM issues
- Apply RBM at sector level through case studies to reflect participant priorities:
- The social sectors: health and education
- Infrastructure: transport and utilities
- Agriculture and rural development
- Justice sector
Benefits of attending – You will be able to:
- Enhance your ability to manage for results
- Be able to prioritise resources and actions needed to achieve those results
- Increase ownership and accountability within your organisation by working towards mutually agreed and achievable objectives
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
- All meals and refreshments during the workshop
Yes! I would like to attend Results Based Management (RBM)! Sign me up for the following session:
- Johannesburg: September 21-25, 2015
- Cape Town: October 19-23, 2015
- All workshops are from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Cost: $2000 per person, plus applicable taxes.
- Prices and dates are subject to change.