General Education & Training Certificate: Ancillary Health Care
(Credits 134) – HWSETA Accredited
The Ancillary Health Care course one year qualification and can also be offered as skills programmes, modules or short courses. The medium of instruction is English. The course consists of both theory and practical work.
Learners who complete the Ancillary Health Care course qualification:
- will possess the competence required to perform community health functions under the supervision of a professional health-worker and will add value to their jobs
- will make the person more effective in his/her tasks and more employable and will open up job opportunities in related fields
They qualified learners will have the fundamental skills required for employment by a range of health, social and other sector employers. They will be in possession of a recognised qualification that will provide a platform for further education and training in a career pathway towards becoming professional health workers.
Qualified learners in the Ancillary Health Care course will provide a service that will assist communities to better manage their own health and wellness. They will have the skills to provide support services within a multidisciplinary health care team.
Recipients of this qualification will be able to carry out their roles within the context of:
- Care Giver at Old Age Homes
- Private Doctors’ assistant
- The clients home
- A community care center
- The broader community
- Chronic Illness Care Giver
- Communications at ABET Level 3
- Mathematical Literacy at ABET Level 2
- Ability to undertake independent learning