For those who want to be part of upgrading of living standards, a career in Building and Civil Engineering will bring great rewards. The Civil Engineer creates large-scale projects such as roads, bridges, railways and all kinds of heavy construction. He/She is involved in planning,design, construction and operation.
- A love for the outdoors
- Mathematical skills
- Technically minded
- Construction Foreman
- Construction Supervisor
- Building Inspector
- Assistant Surveyor
- For N1 Grade 12 Certificate with A Pass in Mathematics and Physical Science
- For N4 – N3
- For N2 – N1
- For N5 – N4
- For N3 – N2 /Technical Grade 12
- For N6 – N5
DURATION & QUALIFICATIONS
The duration of each level is THREE months.
Therefore a TRIMESTER timetable is followed enabling the successful learner to accumulate THREE national certificates during the course of ONE year.
After successfully completing the N6 course and a 18-month in-service training period spent in an environment relevant to the qualification, the student can apply for the National Diploma in Building & Civil Engineering.
The pass requirement is a minimum of 40% per subject. Evaluations are cumulative, based on regular class tests and practical testing. At the end of each trimester an external examination is written.
- Mathematics N1, N2, N3
- Building Drawing N1, N2, N3
- Building Science N1, N2, N3
- Plumbers Theory N1, N2 / Carpentry & Joinery Theory N1, N2 / Bricklaying & Plastering Theory N1, N2
- Building and Civil Technology N3
CIVIL ENGINEERING N4 – N6
Entry Requirement :
- For N4: Civil Engineering N3 or NCV
- For N5: Civil Engineering N4
- For N6: Civil Engineering N5
- Quantity Surveying N4, N5, N6
- Building and Structural Construction N4, N5, N6
- Building and Structural Surveying N4, N5, N6
- Building Administration N4, N5, N6